Friday, October 10, 2003

It's Those Little Moments...

1. As she was leaving today, the same little girl who called me last night, looked at me with a big grin and said, "Okay, so I'll call you tonight!"

2. A few minutes later, Miguel, a pixie-like boy with a devilish grin, told me that he could float. We were standing on the school steps. Sure enough, he turned sideways, lifted one foot slightly off the ground, and raised most of the other foot, and he really did look like he was levitating!

3. While we were still on the school steps, another boy, Jesus, was hopping around on one foot, making all kinds of crazy noises and grimaces, flinging his arms here and there. Suddenly, he stopped, turned to me, and said, "I'm going to be a zoologist!"

4. One of my seventh-graders stopped me on the way out of school and asked where I bought my glasses. She wants a pair like mine! I'm so flattered! They are square, reddish-brown, thick-plastic frames, and I got them because they were both trendy and on-sale two years ago at some chain like LensCrafters. When I was actually IN seventh grade, none of the other kids wanted to dress like me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home