Monday, October 27, 2003

Presentations Tomorrow!

No one was ready to present today, so I gave them one more working period. Actually, I'm giving the seventh graders 15 more minutes tomorrow to practice, because I've lost several periods with them over the last two weeks due to Monday holidays and field trips. The sixth graders are not remotely ready, but there comes a time when you just have to say, Enough! Sink or swim! I spent the period suggesting to each group that maybe they should make some notecards, or stand up and practice what they are going to say, and getting very little response... so, we'll see. The PowerPoint looks great, but I'm worried they will crash and burn when they get up in front of their classmates. I guess the worst that can happen is they do badly and develop a sense of urgency on the next project, and the best that can happen is they do a great job and prove me wrong! No, let me take that back: the worst that can happen is they crash and burn and DON'T learn anything from the experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home