Thursday, October 09, 2003

SkyHigh

Thanks to Nancy for suggesting "SkyHigh" as a name for my high school admissions test prep class! And, take a look at her web page, Up the Down Staircase, which I have linked to in the sidebar.

Another new teacher blog to take a look at is assigned seat. This is the story of a first year teacher in a tough school - not for the faint-of-heart. I can sympathize; many of the stories he or she tells happened to me at the school where I used to teach. This is the gritty, grimy reality of life in many city schools (and I don't even know for sure that he or she teaches in NYC). I just hope that the author survives the first year and doesn't become embittered or start blaming the students, and eventually ends up enjoying teaching more.

Keep the comments coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home