Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Turn back the clock to 1950...

Totally off-topic, but I have to say it. It's killing me not to. I just can't believe that California elected Arnold Schwarzenneger. My objection has nothing to do with his politics or movie-star background. I am shocked and appalled that after all the stories about him harrassing women - in front of friends and other witnesses - they have still chosen him for governor. He has grossly misused his power, money, and strength to harrass and humiliate women in the movie industry, yet you're giving him more power? I find it insulting and a giant step backward that anyone would vote for this creep!

And, come to think of it, this is not off-topic: When my students asked me this morning what I thought about the election, I told them more-or-less exactly what I just wrote.

(I also mentioned that despite working within a mile of Yankee Stadium, I'm rooting for the Red Sox...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home