Sunday, December 21, 2003

What do you look for in a blog?

Several bloggers whom I read frequently have started playing with their site designs. I have also noticed that many blog reviewers have something against blogspot/blogger - I'm not paranoid, here, they outright say it in nearly every review over at the Weblog Review. (I go there when I just want to look around at some new blogs). It seems to me that reviewers are probably people who spend a lot of time on the web, maybe do work related to computers, maybe spend a huge amount of time on their own blogs; all this would bias them towards blogs that show the same level of expertise with web design. Also, these are people who see lots and lots of blogs. I have some web skills, but not much extra time, and I already devote more time than I suspect is healthy to this blog. It will probably not get a facelift until summer.

Nevertheless, I'm curious. What's important to you, "the average reader," in a blog? Is it content that relates to you? A wide variety of content? Good writing? Ease of navigation? Humor? Site design (and if so, what makes an appealing site)? Having a domain of its own?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home