Monday, January 26, 2004

Onwards to Length!

Finished up the lesson relating mass, weight, and gravity. Some kids got it, some kinda got it, and some looked at me like I'd just come flown in from Mars... (nice rocks they've got up there!). I'm happy to be moving on and although today was slightly frustrating, some lessons are done to plant seeds rather than to ensure that every kid gets a concept 100%. The problem was how long this particular activity dragged on. Next time I do this lesson, I'll plan more realistically. One change I know I'll make is that I will provide pre-numbered graph paper, since learning to number in one-hundredths was just too time-consuming relative to its educational value. Don't worry - the kids will do the numbering themselves for probably every single other graph they ever make in my class!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home