Thursday, May 20, 2004

Motivation

Bronx Zoo today. It was a very easy field trip. We took only the kids who have behaved well for the last few weeks, as an incentive trip. The kids were really good and easily impressed by the animals, particularly the baboons. It was a beautiful day, too, the first this week.

This was the first time I've ever done a field trip to the zoo, which I know is weird given that I teach science and it is sooo close. There were about ten thousand kids there, it seemed like; the American Museum of Natural History was extremely organized about getting buses and classes in and out of the museum, but the zoo just let everyone fend for themselves.

Thanks to selection interviews and this trip, I have to edit a lot of lab reports tonight. I've already done 25 since 3:30 pm, but I have another 25 or so to go. I am motivating myself by stopping every time I finish ten for a fifteen-minute break. This was my email, blog, & chocolate break; next will come nail polish; after that, looking for plane fares to SF for the summer. Come to think of it, all my breaks will most likely include chocolate!

What do you think of the daily shots of the chalkboard or other classroom stuff? Worth continuing? Boring as heck? I have to be really sneaky to get the pictures, so if they are boring I'm not going to keep doing it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Hofmeister said...

Good content on improvement journal self. One can never hear enough opinions on this. If you have time please visit mine about improvement journal self

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home