Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Marbles Lost - Please Report Sitings to the Authorities

I must have gone completely off my rocker the night that I decided that a video project was a good idea. Although I have apparently given some readers the impression that I know what I'm doing, or have some sort of well-thought-out plan, this is not in fact the case. I didn't even OWN a VCR until I was 16! I have never regularly used video equipment of any kind. I have a digital video camera that I received as part of a grant, Adobe Premiere which I have never used now installed on my home computer and one school laptop, only a couple of days before I will no longer be able to put off shooting any longer... and no clue how this is going to work! Today's travails: The USB cable is missing from the camera. Mind you, I am not entirely certain that it ever existed, as I have only used the camera once before now. I don't remember throwing away any useful-looking cables (duh) and the camera has been in a box in a locked closet for most of the last year. So where is that darn USB cable? Anyway, I stopped at Circuit City or some such store today to see if I could buy a replacement, but they didn't have one. The man at the store informed me that what I really need if I want to send digital video to my computer is FireWire, which I can purchase for something in the neighborhood of $40 from his friend at CompUSA. Um... I don't know WHAT to make of this latest news: True? Just a techie form of flirtation? Maybe he gets kickbacks from his friend? All I want to do is transfer the last video we shot to the computer so I can practice using Premiere... I have such an optimistic view of my ability to master the basics of new kinds of software that I sometimes bite off more than I can chew. Actually, as in this case, the problems start when an innocent stroll down new-software lane leads me into the briar-patch of cables and hardware....

4 Comments:

Blogger David Ogden said...

Hi you have a great blog,

I am involved with small business software and have new releases atsmall business software

see you soon

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now You Can Have The Profit Power of A Massive Multi-Million Dollar
Internet Empire - At Your Fingertips - with our money making business idea

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new 'MALL OF THE WORLD!' best home business making money gives you the same type of powerful selling machine that most Internet multi-millionaires already own!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,



This is an amazing blog/idea!! Do you mind if I use this on my own blog too?? Thank you for your help..



Regards,
submit articles

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home