Monday, September 06, 2004

Truth meets Fiction

This story is hilarious!

The Magic School Bus started as a series of books long before it was a tv series or computer game. Ms. Frizzle is a middle-aged lady with wild red hair and a penchant for dresses printed with frogs, planets, or whatever the class is studying. In each book, the kids begin skeptically studying a new topic, and Ms. Frizzle takes them on a field trip which begins normally, but once they board the magic school bus, leads them places no class has ever gone before - inside the human body, through the waterworks in a drop of water, off the Earth and into the solar system.

I look nothing like that Ms. Frizzle. And I'm still working on my collection of content-themed clothing. So far, I have my periodic table of the elements t-shirt, my DNA earrings, and that's about it. My high school biology teacher had a different frog t-shirt for every day of our dissection; I can only aspire to that level of geek fashion! Incidentally, high on my wishlist - though I'm not a math teacher - is a t-shirt that says, "There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home