Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Renaissance Teacher?

When I was in high school, I ran track. My high school was very small, so everyone on the team did multiple events. By the time I had graduated, I had competed at least once in every single track and field activity except the 100 m high hurdles and the throwing events. I didn't do all those events well, but I'd done all the jumping and running events at some point.

Teaching is starting to feel like a track meet.

Starting next week, I will need to plan:
  • 5 science lessons
  • 2 conflict resolution (6th grade health) lessons
  • 2 drug/alcohol (7th grade health) lessons
  • 2 sixth grade art lessons
  • 2 eighth grade art lessons
  • 1 afterschool high school prep lesson
  • 1 afterschool "pasta challenge" (engineering) lesson
  • 1 afterschool drama lesson

every single week!

I love it. Don't get me wrong. I am excited about each and every one of these things.

But it is still a lot of plates to keep spinning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home