Saturday, January 29, 2005

Campaign Promises

We're holding elections to form a student government. Here's a highlight (as best as I can recall it) from a sixth grader's speech:

I wake up in the morning, I go to school, I come home, I do my homework, I go to bed. I'm a regular person just like all of you. ... When I'm president, we'll have better parties. No more movies and pizza, we'll have real parties! ... This is not a fake election like the one between Bush and Kerry, this is a real election. ... Remember, a vote for me is a vote for you.


This little boy wrote this speech the period before the election. He had come in third in the primary, but then another candidate dropped out the night before the speeches, so he ended up in the race at the last minute. What a speech!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home