Saturday, April 16, 2005

One Art

The art of losing isn't hard to master;
so many things seem filled with the intent
to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

I lost my mother's watch. And look! my last, or
next-to-last, of three loved houses went.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,
some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.

--Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident
the art of losing's not too hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.

by Elizabeth Bishop

*****

I find so few people to whom I can really relate; it breaks my heart when friendships end, when people move away and don't stay in touch, when people grow apart. So I have never been the one to ask someone to leave my life, someone I still care about. But sometimes you know something not in your head but in your whole body. I know what I have to do, but it makes me want to throw up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. I have a site that might be of interested to you if you are seeking ranked penis enlargement related items. You can find it here, ranked penis enlargement

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learning about penis enlargement techniques has been a passion of mine. It's always good to see other sites interested in the same thing. One site I found helpful is penis enlargement techniques They don't cover all of the subject, but cover quit a bit. Thanks for providing such good information for all to enjoy. From all of us here in New York, have a great year.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the same subject line, it's interesting how many people look for information about traction-based penis enlargement . I also like learning more about traction-based penis enlargement One of the sites I find very informative is traction-based penis enlargement I've learned alot from them.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. Love the theme of your blog Come by my site some time. It's got about penis enlargement related stuff.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home