Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Reading Material

I've barely had time to skim, but based on that skimming, I think it's fair to say that the Education Wonk has done a nice job with the Carnival Of Education, as usual. "Wonk" is an interesting word. I first heard it following "policy" (that phrase seemed to be everywhere for a time). I understood it to mean someone really knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the technical details of policies. Detail-oriented. How does it relate to geek? Then - thanks to blogs? - wonks were everywhere. And now we have our own...

Since I've been pretty busy and tired the past few weeks, and because the number of education-related blogs has proliferated, and because I try to strive some time away from my computer, I've been a bit lax in my blog-reading of late. Last night, I visited Blackboard Jungle for the first time in a month or so, and wow! Lectrice has been doing some great writing in that dry, funny, reflective tone of hers. I wish I could write like she does... (maybe it's the British accent? LOL) And I suspect she's a great teacher, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home