Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What I did this summer...

I've gone to two Fringe Festival shows this summer.

First, I saw "Swimming Upstream," a musical comedy about students in a high school sex ed class. It was cute; not ground-breaking, but the story held together and the music was good, and it was pretty funny.

Last night, I saw "Edna St. Vincent Millay Speaks to the Committee on Immortality," which was an excellent one-woman show, and one of the best Fringe shows I've ever seen. It got a little long in places, but I'd say one more edit and it would be a truly fantastic piece. I had no idea that Edna St. Vincent Millay lived such an interesting life!

And I've been enjoying Holly GoLightly's growling blues-rock, though unfortunately I won't be able to see her when she plays the Mercury Lounge on Thursday.

Just trying to convince myself that I have a life outside the Gifted Ed textbook...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home