Saturday, September 17, 2005

If you live in NYC, and you do just ONE fun thing in the next two weeks...

please let me recommend Circus Contraption at Theater For the New City. You will smile and laugh like you haven't in weeks. The band alone is worth the price of admission (and the band is playing Monday nights this month at Ace of Clubs). The lovelorn opera singer is worth the price of admission. The tumbling duet between a curio and her collector is worth the price of admission. They walk on stilts, juggle, swing and flip, sing, drum, play trumpets and tubas and clarinets and accordions and pianos. The finale... well, I don't want to spoil it, but I barely breathed, it was unlike anything I'd ever seen before.

In case I haven't made my point, the music was so much fun that I bought the CD. And this was a CIRCUS, people.
Like shadows on a silver screen
We're drinking rum and kerosene
You are polite and I'm obscene
I'm very pleased ta meet cha
AH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home