Thursday, December 22, 2005

Early Morning/Evening

East Village - a little before 7 am



Thanks to my carpool, I briefly became a regular at a coffeehouse 87 blocks from my apartment, and a river and more from my school. The pancakes looked so good that my carpool and I had planned to meet there tomorrow a little earlier than usual for a real breakfast... The strike is over and trains should be running tomorrow morning, so no pancakes.

Walking home through Tompkins Square Park.

Holiday scenes from East 3rd.


Above the Nuyorican.


My camera batteries died just as I tried to get a picture of a Time Warner truck with its front grill wreathed and lighted.

I don't feel that good - achy, sore throat - so I'll be very relieved to go back to the normal schedule tomorrow. I can't say my week was that bad, but all the uncertainty took a toll.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.

I think this strike once again proves to the rest of the country how New Yorkers can handle whatever comes our way. And your pics show our beauty too.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm inspired by your ability to take the toll of a large inconvenience in your life and look at it positively. It must be quite a challenge to see the things you have learned & discovered by being forced to find a difference means of communication these past days.

I hope you enjoy going back to your regularly scheduled programs (as do all others) and that the results of the strike are apparent and positive.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Online Degree said...

Fun pictures... thanks for sharing.

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home