Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dear sciencetist,*

"My name is Albert Wegner and I am here to prove continental drift. My theory is 250 million years ago all the continents were together making a large landmass called Pangaea."

"I believe in my theory 100%. Since I have brought up my theory I thought no one would listen, which was true. But now that I have evidence everything will changed."

"You do not believe in my theory so I will persuade you to belive in it."

"Fossils of the reptile Mesosaurus have been found in South America and Africa. The swimming reptile lived in fresh water and on land. I think it probably couldn't swim between the continents."

"I think that the Contienential Drift theory is true. There are plenty of clues and evidence to back it up. One of them is the dinasour fossil is found in Africa and South America. The dinasour lives on land and in fresh water but between Africa and South America there is only salt water which makes it impossible (for when the dinasour was alive) for the dinasour to cross through the water. Which means that once those continents were connected..."

"If you don't believe that, here's another one. There was a plant fossil we found in Antarctica and not only in Antarctica but in every continent. How can the plant survive in a cold tempature Ill tell you it because the continents were all together and had a mild climate."

"One of the clues that were found, was a plant fossil. This type of plant can only be grown in warm climent. But it was found in Anarctica. Plants can't swim or walk. So the only possible answer is Continentle drift."

"If you don't believe me either your dumb or crazy. But I just gave you the facts and there no doubt about Pangea is their. No, right."

"Sincerely,

Alfred Wegener"

*I clearly need to go over the spelling of "scientist" with this class... among other words. Contributions from many students' letters.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Mwhahahaha! These are awesome. I love a good essay, you never know what you're going to get. We had kids create an invitation for the Continental Congress. This one was my favorite:


Constitutional Convention
May 1787 at Philadelepihia

We Just going to talk no food cause we is a poor and we sell weed to pay our light bill and Just bring your poor ass on here

"Come Please"

9:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"dinasour" makes me happy. I'm lucky serendipitous misspellings amuse me so much, because I'm an English teacher and otherwise I'd be driving nails up my nose.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'd get a letter from one of my students that starts something like "Dear Science-matician"...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Chaz said...

Ms. Frizzle;

Besides the poor spelling and grammer, I think it shows the interest the student has in the subject. We need to encourage more students like him to do more essays on science.

Yes, and they can be funny to read. We all need a good chuckle once in a while.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Hi! I'm Janola. said...

Thanks for posting this! I also teach middle school science and come across many terms/beliefs such as this. Last year my poor, confused students actually chose a multiple choice answer that said gravity on Earth went up. Yes, we did cover it in class. Yes, I am making certain that this year's students know the direction of gravity!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i am a chef but i like intrest my sciencetist like.im a just a simple cook.but i hope i can do born new life on this earth.i hope few knowlage about what is human life and we can become a new human life.more beautiful.
give me sagetion,where come from human.i know where come from.and i hope one thousend(maybe before) year after new human life will be come on this earth.
thanks this is my opinion
thanks regard mr.bisht

5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mr. frizzle u know what is human life and animal life diffrent.all same.animal more then better about people.this time people is selfish.i have so many point but i can say that
pkumar987@yahoo.co.uk
if u want any sagetion u can contect me.
thanks
regard
mr.bisht

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home