Tuesday, January 17, 2006

You know the kid's got a crush on you when...

you're doing 15 minutes of in-the-aisles yoga with the babies to kill the end of the period after a standardized test. You have them raise their arms above their heads and breathe in, and then breathe out and fold over their legs. You teach them warrior one and two, and you have them do an easy twist to each side. You tell the story of your handstand and all the little steps that led up to it.

He says, "Ms. Frizzle, you're the best yoga teacher ever!"

The class giggles.

"Um, how many yoga teachers have you had, Harold?"

"Just you."

3 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

That's pretty sweet.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoga in class with your students??

I'm impressed, I doubt I could pull it off...

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that too. Only I get "best technology teacher". I think it is so nice when they are so excited about what you are doing with them that they have to share.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home