Monday, March 20, 2006

All my thoughts are short.

Morning commute: grumpy. Life is good, but I am SO OVER my morning schedule. Here are my options: new school, new neighborhood, car. Ruby slippers.

*****

The sixth graders' essays were not what you'd call good. Still, most of them got the structure more-or-less right. Pity they didn't use any supporting details to speak of. One. Step. At. A. Time.

*****

Have I mentioned that I am presenting a workshop on inquiry at the SCONYC (Science Council of NYC) conference this weekend? Or that this is the first time I've ever presented to adults outside of a grad school class or PD at my own school? Or that I am terror-stricken by the whole idea?

*****

In the grocery store. A little old lady fumbling with her purse and cart full of groceries knocks over her cane: Awww, shit! I lean over to pick it up for her. Thank you, dear.

*****

More than 100 people in line outside Trader Joe's. I'm excited, too, but dude, in the end, it's just a supermarket.

2 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

TAKE IT BACK! IT IS MORE THAN A SUPERMARKET! SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!

(that being said, i wouldn't go there during the first few weeks for the life of me)

10:10 PM  
Blogger Ms. Teacher said...

Everyone will love your presentation on inquiry. It is one of the greatest teaching techniques ever. My students love it. Having just presented for the first time, my advice is don’t worry! I was terrified for months before the conference. Once I started the presentation, it was no bid deal. They were just very large students. Some were paying close attention, while others were clearly daydreaming. It was hard not to get the drifters focused like I do in my classroom. I can’t wait to hear what you have to say after the big day is over. In the mean time, breathe deeply!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home