Sunday, April 02, 2006

His fate is still unlearned...

I missed so many more appropriate opportunities to post this, but it came up in my iTunes shuffle today and I thought I'd share it:

Charlie on the MTA
The Kingston Trio

Let me tell you the story
Of a man named Charlie
On a tragic and fateful day
He put ten cents in his pocket,
Kissed his wife and family
Went to ride on the MTA

Here you can read more than you ever wanted to know about the origins of this song (including lyrics to a verse that was replaced by the banjo solo, and mp3 files of some older songs upon which this song was based).

*****

And while we're on the topic of organizing, Norm Scott, of ICE and FLL fame, emailed me (and about a million other people) a response to my post about Granito de Arena. I have a response to his response, but I also have a lot of work to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kilian Betlach said...

The Dropkick Murphys do a lively cover of this-here tune.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always one of my favorite songs.

Your 31448 relative

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home