Tuesday, May 30, 2006

$39.99 = The Price of Comfort

plus $3.99 overnight shipping from Amazon.com

to get that rate I had to sign up for a trial of something called "Amazon Prime" which I am quite likely to forget to cancel after my three months run out, but it was worth it, because damn it, I need a fan, this week

the air conditioner, known as klima in Turkish, is a rare sight in the NYC public schools

temperatures in the high 80's and higher notwithstanding

one month of school left notwithstanding

so I will have to invest in a vantilatör

a good one, too

it's only sanity that's at stake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have been an Amazon Prime member for most of a year, and though a move into the city has made mail-order inconvenient (they won't leave it on my front stoop, nor should they), it was VERY handy until then.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lady Strathconn said...

I teach in a computer lab with 25 computers, 2 printers, and other tech-crap. For SEVEN years I have been complaining about the excruciating heat. I mean like over 90 in my room when it is 70 outside.

From what I hear though, I may be getting a/c this summer.

From the 8th Circle of Hell to a Happy Place. Thank goodness!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home